There is an upsurge in the market for Certified Project Management professionals and the demand for them seems to be on a constant rise. This situation has in turn created a bit of insecurity for professionals who do not come with a PMP or a PRINCE2 certification that grants them the title of Certified Project Managers. These uncertified yet experienced professionals are unsatisfied with the present market scenario and are of the opinion that biased employers are making uneducated and pointless decisions that in turn is diminishing employment opportunities for these professionals. The credentials of a professional and their capability to bring forward favourable outcomes to projects can only be tested by time and on the completion of a project. Making predetermined assumptions as to only a Certified Project Manager can bring profitable outcomes is somewhat wrong in the eyes of the non Certified Project Managers.
This is a never ending discussion as to whether having a Project Management Certification (PMP Certification) is worth it or not. There are very many thesis made in for and against the topic. To understand the concept better, it is best advised that the Pros and Cons of the Project Management Certification be evaluated.
The Pros of Project Management Certification:
The benefits that a candidate can enjoy on attaining a PM certification, include-
- One of the basic pros of holding a Project Management Certification is your ability to display your professional attributes, the code of ethics that come with your PMI’s Certification, your capability to efficiently perform the different functions and responsibilities of a project management professional, etc.
- A certification in PMP or PRINCE2 helps you establish the proficiency of your knowledge, abilities and your management skills. These certifications from PMI endorse your capabilities and your knowledge in the field of project management and also very genuinely boast of your professional experience in the international market.
- The professional certification from PMI is a reflection of an achievement and global employers tend to opt for candidates who are achievers and are front runners in their field of study.
- As a result of the increasing demand for certified professionals having a certification in PMP or PRINCE 2 will surely lead you to a higher level of income.
- Having a certification from PMI allows you to bring about greater beneficial results for the company you are working for. This increasing the all over success rate of the projects handled by the company.
These are only some of the pros of holding a Project Management Certification.
The Cons of Project Management Certification:
Along with the Pros there are also certain Cons that the PM certifications bring with them. These are mostly faced by the hiring companies though. Most companies hire candidates on the basis of their certificate bearing status and without testing their credentials. This can bring upon them grave danger of project failures. It is not necessary that every candidate who holds a certificate is a pro in the field.
Hence it can be said that it is best to test a candidate for credentials along with their desirable certified status, before hiring them finally, for best results.
Skillogic Knowledge Solutions is providing best training for PMP Certification in Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and many cities of India. If you are looking for PMP Training in above cities please click on below links for scheduled training.
- Best Quality
- Best Price
- 100% Money Guarantee